Double-Beam Optics and Stable Hardware Achieve Superior Stability
The optical system has been designed to produce maximum performance for each measurement method through optimal adjustment of the light beam and light beam digital filter, and by using optical components that restrict light losses.
Advantages of the Double-Beam System
Support for Developing Analytical Conditions
Automatic gas flow rate optimization
Optional Autosampler Reduces Analysis Workload
Trace Sample Analysis Using Micro Sampling
At least 1 mL (1000 μL) volume of a liquid sample is required for the continuous intake of sample during normal flame analysis. With micro sampling, however, approximately 50 to 90 μL of sample is injected in one shot into the flame and quantitation is based on the height and area of the peak signal obtained. This method offers the advantages listed below.
- Permits analysis of small sample volumes .
- Multi-element analysis of small sample volumes .
- No blockage of burner slot with samples having a high salt concentration .
- Synchronized with the autosampler for auto-dilution measurements
* Synchronization with the autosampler requires the optional micro sampling kit.
Example of micro sampling analysis
Achieves World-Class Lower Limits of Detection
- Multi-element analysis of small sample voMix and inject up to four sample types (diluted solution, standard solution, sample, matrix modifier, etc.). (Unmixed samples can also be injected.)
- Select a fluororesin tube or pipette tip as the injection nozzle.
- Automatic dilution and re-analysis if the calibration curve concentration is exceeded.
Analysis of cadmium (Cd): The maximum concentration of the calibration curve has been set to 1ppb. At 1.8ppb, the sample of  has exceeded the maximum concentration. As a result, it has been automatically diluted by four times and re-measured.
High-Sensitivity Application Data (Analysis of Selenium (Se))
Independent control of the gas flow through the graphite tube during atomization achieves extremely high-sensitivity measurements. (Japanese Patent 2067563)
Digital temperature control and electronic gas flow control enhance stability
System Configuration Can Evolve with Your Needs
Comprehensive Safety Functions in Every System
The AA-6880 Series instruments incorporate a comprehensive range of safety mechanisms, including gas leak detectors.
Safety Functions for Flame-Specification Instruments
- Multimode automatic gas leak check
The fuel gas pipes inside the instrument gas controller are automatically checked for gas leaks when the power is turned on and when the flame is extinguished. Should a gas leak be detected, a warning buzzer sounds and a warning is displayed on the screen.
- Automatic flame ignition and extinguishing
Flame ignition and extinguishing operations are extremely simple. The Air-C2H2 flame priority ignition mechanism prevents flashback.
- Automatic gas shut-off by flame monitor
After the ignition of an Air-C2H2 flame, the flame automatically switches to an N2O-C2H2 flame. If the C2H2 flow rate does not increase due to solenoid valve trouble, for example, switching to the support gas is disabled to prevent flashback.
- Pressure monitor prevents flashback
- Automatic gas shut-off by flame monitor
- Sudden power interruption detection and re-ignition safety measures
- Mechanism to prevent misuse of the burner
- Drain tank level monitor
Safety Functions for Furnace-Specification Instruments
- Cooling water flow rate monitor
- Argon gas pressure monitor Furnace cooling check
- Overcurrent protection unit (double-checked by circuit protector and optical sensor)
- Design for preventing miss-ignition
UL 94V-0-rated flame-retardant materials are used for the instrument external
covers and atomizer unit. This superior design pays due consideration to safety.Safe ignition switches
The switches perfectly fit finger contours and are positioned near the window.
To prevent inadvertent operation, both switches must be pressed simultaneously to start ignition.
The optimal background correction methods are installed as standard:
high-speed self-reversal method (SR method) and deuterium lamp method (D2 method).
Selecting the optimal background correction method for each sample ensures accurate and reliable analysis results.